Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

possible flood run wed or thurs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rick McC

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-17

possible flood run wed or thurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Fun run. Water level about like spring runoff and a sunny evening. Wapiti is high.
Back to top Go down
Danny

Danny

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm

changeing the time to 5
Back to top Go down
Rick McC

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Norris reports from the club helicopter that there is good water in Big Mountain and Bald Mountain creeks so we're going to do Big Mountain tonight - 3 of us. Meet at the take out at 6 if you're coming along.
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 am

and cutbank is around 77... kakwa is around 450 hahaha. i gotta work tonight but im doing a run tomorrow around 7 on muskeg
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 am

muskeg is at 66...... so sick hahaha
Back to top Go down
Rick McC

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Danny and I are planning to run Big Mountain after work if it comes up enough. Looks like it will top out at class II at this point but its wet and moving. We'll update plans tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
norpaq

norpaq

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

The sheep tends to follow a similar trend to the kakwa as the headwaters come from the same area. And the Kakwa has started to spike as well.

Should be a wild weekend in grande cache at the rendezvous.

-NP
Back to top Go down
norpaq

norpaq

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm

This morning the big, bald and cutbank were all low. On the way back, the cutbank was starting to look better but still too low to run. Looking at the online gauge it should continue to riser overnight. Should be good to go tomorrow hopefully.

Big and bald were still much too low to run.

Muskeg is now over 20 on the gauge and still climbing!

I've got to work tomorrow but may be able to play hooky part of Friday.

-NP
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

oh sick muskeg went from 8 to 15 in the last couple hours. wonder what sheeps going to be like
Back to top Go down
brett

brett

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

you guys going to grande cache this weekend?
I dont think it will be up today.. the gauges arent moving at all
Back to top Go down
norpaq

norpaq

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

http://environment.alberta.ca/forecasting/advisories/120605.pdf

High Flow advisory. Very Happy

I'm headed that way for work today. I'll let you know what I see.
Back to top Go down
Danny

Danny

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 am

we might have some high water wed or thurs if it rains enough if it does then im going to paddle big mountian and cutbank if they flood
they will be big water grade 3 up to 4 if the water is high enough anyone in ? affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   possible flood run wed or thurs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possible flood run wed or thurs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers :: Club Schedule :: 2012 Summer Non Scheduled Trips (i.e. Spur of the Moment)-
Jump to: