Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

Share | 
 

 possible flood run wed or thurs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rick McC



Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Fun run. Water level about like spring runoff and a sunny evening. Wapiti is high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danny

avatar

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm

changeing the time to 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick McC



Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Norris reports from the club helicopter that there is good water in Big Mountain and Bald Mountain creeks so we're going to do Big Mountain tonight - 3 of us. Meet at the take out at 6 if you're coming along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett

avatar

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 am

and cutbank is around 77... kakwa is around 450 hahaha. i gotta work tonight but im doing a run tomorrow around 7 on muskeg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett

avatar

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 am

muskeg is at 66...... so sick hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick McC



Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Danny and I are planning to run Big Mountain after work if it comes up enough. Looks like it will top out at class II at this point but its wet and moving. We'll update plans tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norpaq

avatar

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

The sheep tends to follow a similar trend to the kakwa as the headwaters come from the same area. And the Kakwa has started to spike as well.

Should be a wild weekend in grande cache at the rendezvous.

-NP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norpaq

avatar

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm

This morning the big, bald and cutbank were all low. On the way back, the cutbank was starting to look better but still too low to run. Looking at the online gauge it should continue to riser overnight. Should be good to go tomorrow hopefully.

Big and bald were still much too low to run.

Muskeg is now over 20 on the gauge and still climbing!

I've got to work tomorrow but may be able to play hooky part of Friday.

-NP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett

avatar

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

oh sick muskeg went from 8 to 15 in the last couple hours. wonder what sheeps going to be like
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brett

avatar

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

you guys going to grande cache this weekend?
I dont think it will be up today.. the gauges arent moving at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norpaq

avatar

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

http://environment.alberta.ca/forecasting/advisories/120605.pdf

High Flow advisory. Very Happy

I'm headed that way for work today. I'll let you know what I see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danny

avatar

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: possible flood run wed or thurs   Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 am

we might have some high water wed or thurs if it rains enough if it does then im going to paddle big mountian and cutbank if they flood
they will be big water grade 3 up to 4 if the water is high enough anyone in ? affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: possible flood run wed or thurs   

Back to top Go down
 
possible flood run wed or thurs
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» holy flood waters batman
» River in flood. How To Proceed?
» Will the colour of Gold shine when flood waters recede?
» pike going off the feed as the weather gets too cold
» Flood alert for Cork city

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers :: Club Schedule :: 2012 Summer Non Scheduled Trips (i.e. Spur of the Moment)-
Jump to: