Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

Share | 

Dec 27-29 Holiday Polo Training Clinic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jamen

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Contents of Clinic   Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:20 am

Dry Land / Classroom

1. How to eat like a Champion

2. The proper warm-up and the instantaneous/long term benefits of it

3. Strength training (with a focus on doing the opposite in the gym as on the water)

4. Flexibility (with a focus on the "polo" athlete's inflexible areas)

5. Some Rules; ones that are commonly misunderstood even to some national team players

6. Importance of Rest

7. How one size doesn't fit all (why some people can't dip, or why some people have terrible paddling technique) Equipment and what you should know about it

8. Paying it Forward (How teaching is sometimes the best way to master the skill)

On the Water

1. Offense/Defense "Viewing the game more critically" i.e. seeing the game before playing it!

2. The fundamentals (These are the essentials of the game i.e, Dipping, Shooting, Turning, Side Stroking, Bracing, Rolling, Gliding, Drifting,
Dribbling, Picking up the Ball, Absorbing etc.) My idea here is to set up stations (circuits) lead by national team players or suitable other)

3. If there's time I would also like to run a fun "How to; Tricks session": skipping the ball cont. vs. bounce, trick shots, ball handling tricks, Big Time Stern Pivots, etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamen

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Dec 27-29 Holiday Polo Training Clinic   Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 am

I will be helping out with this camp running a few sessions. Is their anyone interested in going?

-Jamen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norpaq

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Dec 27-29 Holiday Polo Training Clinic   Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:58 am

There will be another Xmas training camp in Edmonton, please go to http://AlbertaCanoePolo.com/node/60
to register online. Last year the camp was very popular and it should fill up quickly, so book early !!

All polo playing skill levels are welcome, but the participants must be able to competently maneuvre their boats in order to benefit from the clinic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dec 27-29 Holiday Polo Training Clinic   

Back to top Go down

Dec 27-29 Holiday Polo Training Clinic
Page 1 of 1