Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

Summer 2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KimB

KimB

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Summer 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Summer 2011   Summer 2011 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm not planning on running Women on Water as a formal group this year... it required quite a commitment on my part to a specific schedule of dates etc. The turnout varied so much from session to session, sometimes a pile of people came out ... and other times no one showed at all, sometimes even when I had confirmations - that's just how Summer goes, plans change sunny , but it did mean that I missed out on some alternative trips that I would have gone on if I hadn't been waiting around for people. It didn't help that the night chosen for Polo Training for the Summer Games fell on the same night as our Women's night, successfully eliminating a number of our female paddlers from being able to join us, again, something that couldn't be helped. Also this year the wonderful Kathleen Frei isn't able to help me out either as she has moved away from Grande Prairie, I relied heavily upon her assistance both for leading groups when I was away and for helping get people geared up for paddling etc. when I was leading.

This summer I have league golf and a whole lotta landscaping on my plate as well, so it's just not gonna work for me to make the committment to a set schedule. Maybe once there's a solid group of female paddlers in the club we can revisit the formal group again with set dates. As for me this year I will post on the WOW facebook page from time to time to see if existing members want to join me (https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_53206376586&ap=1), and I will utilize the WWK Club forum for impromptu trips but that's as far of a commitment I can make this year. All new interested Women I'll be directing to go out on a WWK Club beginner night.
Please feel free to join the facebook group, as we can certainly use the page as a meeting place to plan ladies paddling trips, but I won't be committing to any specific schedule as a group this year. Thanks to everyone for their support in the past couple years, and to all those who plan on coming out this summer!

Cheers, Kim
Back to top Go down

Summer 2011
Page 1 of 1