Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

New Pool Kayak Use

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
norpaq

norpaq

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

New Pool Kayak Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Pool Kayak Use   New Pool Kayak Use Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:30 am

Well if you and Jim want a hand, go ahead an forward the correspondance you've had so far with the city so I can get up to speed. Send it to my hotmail account.

I'll take some pictures of the net system at Cup of the North and talk to the members there to see if there is anything they'd improve upon. Then we can plan a meeting with the city multiplex coordinator (possibly on location) and we can discuss our options.

-NP
Back to top Go down
SillyHillyBilly
Admin
SillyHillyBilly

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-05-06

New Pool Kayak Use Empty
PostSubject: New Pool   New Pool Kayak Use Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Norris,
In the past myself and Jim have been invloved and we have provided input to the many many versions of the new pool. Please email me directly and I will pass on the emails that I have sent to the city contact.

You are right was have lots of changes coming and the polo nets will be something very imortant to deal with. I think that we need to be in the pool and see in person what will work, and then plan it, get approval from the pool that they agree and then build it.

I would be happy to you lead these efforts but the club excutive would need to approve this. Better yet why not become part of the club exceutive.

You are a key members and have already contributed much to the club. Just having your input would be valueble, and you ronly have to contribure the time you have.

RK
Back to top Go down
https://wwwkayakers.forumotion.com
norpaq

norpaq

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

New Pool Kayak Use Empty
PostSubject: New Pool Kayak Use   New Pool Kayak Use Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am

The new multiplex website indicates that the pool will be used for kayaking, but I was wondering if there has been any planning or communication with the city (or design team) on our use in the new pool. Specifically I was thinking equipment storage and polo pitch (nets and lines).

Has anyone given any thought as to how we will place the polo nets? Our current "pedestal" bases probably won't work as the new pool will be 54 m long (need 35m pitch). We could either go with floating or hanging nets. Floating nets are very bulky (heavy to move and large to store), hanging nets take a little more effort to set-up and require tie-points and anchors. I'm thinking we should ensure that these tie points are included in the construction phase of the new pool so we don't have to make modifications to the pool once it is up and running. I'll take some pictures of the hanging nets at Cup of the North, so we can review that option.

We will also need anchor points for the boundary lines (yeah we get boundary lines!!) to provide the 23 x 35 m pitch. Of course these should also line up with the goal placement.

If the club would like, I am willing to work with the city on this item if someone can forward me a contact. Or if someone is already working on this and wants a hand, let me know. If this is already all taken care of, then just disregard this post.

-NP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Pool Kayak Use Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Pool Kayak Use   New Pool Kayak Use Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Pool Kayak Use
Page 1 of 1