Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

Ciao everyone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KCL

KCL

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-19

Ciao everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao everyone   Ciao everyone Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Hey Gail!!!!! You guys rock!
Back to top Go down
SARAH.K.

SARAH.K.

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Ciao everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao everyone   Ciao everyone Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Thats awesome that you guys are doing your best! Good luck and have lots of fun! I'm cheering for you!

Sarah Smile
Back to top Go down
polo girl

polo girl

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Ciao everyone Empty
PostSubject: Ciao everyone   Ciao everyone Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Ciao from Italy!!

Cor is it bloody hot here! I won't complain, it was raining almost the whole time in Belgium! No Internet access there, but here's a few tidbits. We travelled to France for a day, and I got a chance to see Vimy Ridge, the historic battle site of WWII, which was both interesting and gave a feeling of patriotism, rather fitting to the occasion I think.

Ieper, also known as Ypres, was the coolest little town, great food Belgium!! The chocolates and waffles... YUM!

Dikkebus tournament was pretty good. I am dealing with this bum shoulder, It prevented me from playing much in the games, but I did my best from the sidelines. Our team got a bit of a pounding but we kept our heads high, had fun and learned lots. When we (not me) played the Aussie Sr. women, We lost 7-0. Not only were they great sports and amazing athletes, they ended up tournament champions. It was by far our best game we played. Our attitude was amazing and we came together as a team. We play together, we lose together, most importantly, we learn together.

By resting this past weekend, I feel well for worlds.
Training all week in Bologna, then a tourney!

Nothing can prepare you for an experience like this.l Somebody asked me yesterday, "what has been the best part so far?" I didn't quite know how to answer. "Its the IDEA and the enormity of all of this! being a part of it." I planned, trained, and talked about this for 2 years. Now I am here, its a reality, and I'm gonna give it my all!!

Miss you all, Wish us Luck in Milan, its right around the corner!

Gayle

P.P.S..... GO CANADA

P.P.P.S Thanks everyone who has been emailing me, lovely to hear from you but group email are a bit easier for responding, I hope you understand. No special treatment!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ciao everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ciao everyone   Ciao everyone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ciao everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers :: Archived Forums :: Archived Forums :: Jamen Mans & Gayle's Pizzaria- 2010 Italian Worlds-
Jump to: