Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

Share | 

Wapiti River Beginner Run

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RyanTbo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Wapiti River Beginner Run   Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 pm

K sounds good, will the schedule be posted on the forums?

I already bought the zydeco, oh well, it was a great price and hopefully it will get me through atleast this season. I'd like to eventually get into some class 3+ and get in the mountains (I am in Jasper/area multiple times a year camping, sking etc..)
Will the Zydeco suffice for Wapiti floats? and is there any other moving water it can handle around here? hope i didnt waste my time/money....

And I'd also like to join the club, just a matter of meeting up with you guys i guess? I'm going to come watch the eskimo roll class may 8th just to get an idea, maybe then? I'll definitely try some different kayaks out so i know which to purchase next year.

I've been on the reservoir the last couple days, weather is awesome, going again tonight but can't wait to get on some movement.

Thanks,
Ryan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
norpaq

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Wapiti River Beginner Run   Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:49 am

What type of kayaking do you want to ge into? Lakes or Rivers? The Zedyco is not much of a river kayak. If you want a kayak that'll do both, you can try the Dagger Approach.

Or join the club and rent/try out a few different kayaks from our inventory to get a better idea of what you like.

During the summer the club runs beginner nights on the Wapiti. Nothing too formal, just a float from O'Briens to Magoo's. I don't know if the schedule for this year has been posted yet.

-NP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyanTbo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Wapiti River Beginner Run   Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:10 am

Hey all, just curious what time of year (approx.) would be good for a wapiti float, either Pipestone to O'brian or O'brian to Magoos landing?

I will be picking up and dagger zydeco 9 soon if it matters what I'm riding.

No kayaking experience at all, canoeing when i was younger..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wapiti River Beginner Run   

Back to top Go down

Wapiti River Beginner Run
Page 1 of 1