Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

Cold Water gear

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
norpaq

norpaq

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Cold Water gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Water gear   Cold Water gear Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:05 pm

I couldn't pass up the $60 wetsuits at Costco. I got the full length suit but I can always cut the sleeves off if they are too restrictive.

-NP
Back to top Go down
KimB

KimB

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Cold Water gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Water gear   Cold Water gear Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:18 pm

NP,
That is exactly correct.

KB
Back to top Go down
norpaq

norpaq

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Cold Water gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Water gear   Cold Water gear Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:18 am

I assume the farmer John style wetsuit is prefered for mobility over the sleeved wetsuits?

-NP
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Cold Water gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Water gear   Cold Water gear Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:01 am

By far the cheapest dry tops to be found are at MEC. Unless of course you luck out on e-bay.

Stay warm!!

Aaron
Back to top Go down
Jim Myers

Jim Myers

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Cold Water gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Water gear   Cold Water gear Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey C,

a really good base layer is a farmer John style wetsuit, like you probably used for the beginner course. then a drytop, which can be pricey, check mountain equipment co-op's gear swap page, sometimes people have equipment they've grown out of. The booties they have at Valhalla are good, and the last piece of advice is to buy a cold weather cap. These are neoprene or the MEC one which is okay is rubber with a fleece lining.

Happy Shopping;
Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.benefitsthatwork.ca
cSquared

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Cold Water gear Empty
PostSubject: Cold Water gear   Cold Water gear Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:13 pm

I wonder if the experienced guys have any suggestions for preparing for the cold water around here, but doing it on a budget. A dry suit for me is out of the question, so any ideas? What about footwear?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold Water gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Water gear   Cold Water gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Water gear
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers :: Club Executive Announcements, Buy/Sell, Fundraisers :: Got Questions? Need Answers? Ask A Club Member-
Jump to: