Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication Center for Grande Prairie's Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Our new schedule at the Multiplex has been updated and posted on our website calendar www.wapitikayakers.ca and on the forum.

instructional books and videos

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron

Aaron

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-21

instructional books and videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: instructional books and videos   instructional books and videos Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Great vid Jim. I had to dig pretty deep in the shed to find my VCR but like most old tech, it came right to life and played like it was never put away. Thanks a bunch for lending it. I'll be sure to bring to the next paddle night.

Aaron
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: Re: instructional books and videos   instructional books and videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:49 pm

I found a relatively painless site to view instructional vids. It is
outdoored.com
Just clic on the paddling link and read the description. Doesn't interest you? No problems, just hit next and skip that one. Some river reading advice, roll identifiers and pointers, and a really great back deck demo by Ken Whiting. Of course the main supply of video is straight from youtube, but this is so much more friendly to use.

Happy viewing!
Aaron
Back to top Go down
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: Re: instructional books and videos   instructional books and videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am

That would be really great. Thanks Jim.

Aaron
Back to top Go down
Jim Myers

Jim Myers

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: instructional books and videos   instructional books and videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:02 am

Hey Aaron,

We do have a few videos, (in the equipment room at the pool) plus I have a couple of older ones, so the equipment is a little dated, but the skills are the same. I am not going to be here this weekend, but will try to remember to bring for the next session.

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.benefitsthatwork.ca
Aaron

Aaron

PostSubject: instructional books and videos   instructional books and videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Does the club have any literature or video regarding whitewater and river reading instruction? If not, does anybody have any ideas where one might find such things? I don't really want to buy videos at $30+ a pop. You tube has afew good things on it. but its you tube. Pain in the butt. If there are any recommendations, I'd like to hear 'em.

See y'all on the 20th!!
Aaron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: instructional books and videos   instructional books and videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

instructional books and videos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wapiti Whitewater Kayakers :: Club Executive Announcements, Buy/Sell, Fundraisers :: Got Questions? Need Answers? Ask A Club Member-
Jump to: